Thursday, March 12, 2015

Storytime, Friends

Spring means more storytime friends, so I did a friendship theme. We had 30 people today, which is a lot, especially considering the size of our storytime room can usually only accommodate 25.

The Adventures of Beekle
I love this story, and am waiting for a personal copy to come any day now :) The illustrations are gorgeous, and I have been wanting to read this in storytime for a while. Dan Santat is one of my favorite authors!

Song:Make New Friends via ScoutSongs
Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold.

A circle is round,
it has no end.
That's how long,
I will be your friend.

We only sang the first two verses, and repeated twice.

Where Are You Going? To See My Friend!
We only read the first half of the book, I would love to someday learn enough Japanese to read both sides and sing the song in the middle of the text. 

Craft: Crowns! Our friend Beekle wore a crown, so we can too! I found the printable at Firstpallette crafts.I pre-cut all of the crowns and set out crayons and foam shapes for decoration. We had so many gorgeous crowns fit for princes and princesses!

Download Crown Template 1


No comments:

Post a Comment