Thursday, March 19, 2015

Storytime, Cows

It finally feels like spring! I just had to do a farm storytime this morning.

And the Cow Said Moo!
Love this cumulative story, the kids really enjoyed making all of the farm animal noises with me. A few kids were stuck on "how did the animal heads get on the bodies?'

Song: Old MacDonald had a farm. I had the kids help me choose three farm animals to sing about-we chose cows, ducks and roosters.

Moo!
I have used this before in  outreach storytimes, and I was initially worried about using this title with younger ones, but they helped me tell the story. One little girl yelled 'The cow is going to get a time out, he's been bad!" so I knew that they got it.

Craft: I used the head and legs from this template 
I let the kids color the pieces and then glue them to an empty toilet paper roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment