Thursday, April 2, 2015

Storytime, Spring

Spring break equals smaller storytime numbers this week. Only 3 people last night and 10 this morning.

Piggy Bunny
This one is a little long for my storytime crowds, but Easter is in a few days and I wanted to share a secular Easter book. Love the theme of perseverance. This little pig won't let anyone tell him that he can't be the Easter bunny.

As a bonus, I discovered a bag of plastic eggs in the depths of my desk, so we incorporated those into a song.

I changed the words to this song from Perpetual Preschool.
Tune :My Darling Clementine
Yellow flowers, blue flowers,
red flowers I can see.
Pink flowers, orange flowers in the garden I can see.

I passed out plastic eggs and we sang:
pink eggs, pink eggs, pink eggs I can see.
Pink eggs, pink eggs, in the garden just for me.

We went through all of the colors of eggs and the kids handed them back to me when we got to their color.

Hurray for Spring!
This is the perfect book to start a discussion about activities that we can do in spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment