Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Outreach Storytime, Frog

This is my last storytime at this location. I start my new position in 2 weeks, so I am wrapping up my storytimes and outreaches for the last time. *tear* I have been seeing this group twice a month for the last six months. I wanted to share some of my favorite spring books with them.

The Croaky Pokey
I had all of the kids stand up as we sang this one. Love the twist ending-the kids couldn't stop laughing.

Then we sang 5 green and speckled frogs. I made my frogs out of a paper towel roll similar to this one at Librarian vs. Storytime. I used clip art frogs and colored them brown and green.


There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Chick!
I love these cumulative song stories.  They have one for each season and most holidays now; this one is about Easter. The little old lady eats a chick, some grass, an egg, etc. The kids started to sing along at the end.

Instead of reading our final book the kids asked me to re-read a book from the last visit.

The Book With No Pictures
The kids love it, and I love performing it. In high school, I was on the speech and debate team for 3 years, and I was absolutely horrendous at it. This book reminds me of speech performances, but in a good way. I love that I can be silly and yell and make awkward and generally unprofessional noises that would, under any normal conditions, be frowned upon.

I am excited and nervous about my new position. Hopefully it will be a good change! I will continue to update with storytime posts and programs once I get settled in to my new job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment