Thursday, February 26, 2015

Storytime, Bedtime

Holy Storytime crowd, batman! I had triple the number of little ones today! This month I have averaged about 8 people at storytime, today we had 25!

 Llama Llama Red Pajama
Everyone's favorite rhyming book recently, this is becoming a favorite character at storytime.

I asked questions about if the dark was scary and what we can do to help calm ourselves if we get scared of the dark.

We sang twinkle twinkle little star.

Polar Bolero
This one didn't go over so well. The kids were confused about the bear living in a refrigerator and why the animals were flying. So we talked about dreams and how when we use our imagination, whether we are dreaming or playing pretend that anything can happen.

We talked about what we need to do before we get ready for bed, and flowed that into:

 Tuck-in Time

This story is so adorable, well written and wonderfully short. The parents with smaller ones in laps particularly enjoyed the tickle bug page. This would work better for a one-on-one bedtime book than for use in storytime.

Craft: I borrowed this lovely idea from Confessions of a Real Librarian. I brought out crayons and tissue paper to decorate as well. I did choose to not bring out the googly eyes, we had quite a few crawlers in the room and I only had minuscule eyes left in the package, so we drew our own.



No comments:

Post a Comment