Thursday, February 5, 2015

Storytime, Purple


Harold and the Purple Crayon

PURPLE PAINT song
Tune:  “Mary Had A Little Lamb”
First you paint with red paint,
Red paint, red paint.
First you paint with red paint,
Then you add some blue.
Then you mix the paint around
Paint around, paint around
Then you mix the paint around,
‘til purple you have found.
                                    Jean Warren

A Pet for Petunia

Tune: "Yankee Doodle"
If I had a purple penny or a purple nickle,
I'd go to the purple store and buy a purple pickle.
Purple pickles, purple peas, purple macaroni,
purple pudding, purple pies and purple pepperonis!
From: Bus Songs
*i had the kids stomp with me to the tune, and then we sang it again and jumped to the beat!

I Dream of An Elephant

I wanted to end with "One eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater," but sadly, we ran out of time.

Craft: open ended. I gave out purple crayons and construction paper squares and let the creativity flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment